PROCEDURE FOR BUYING AT U.K. TOY & MODEL AUCTIONS LTD. BUYERS PREMIUM IS 14% ON HAMMER PRICE OTHER TERMS OF BUSINESS WE EXPECT TO SELL APPROXIMATELY 100 LOTS PER HOUR. CONDITION AND CLASSIFICATION OF MODELS AND BOXES BOXES are described in the same Condition Classification. For example after describing a Lot the Classification MINT/BOX GOOD will indicate the item is in perfect condition but the box has obvious imperfections. CHEQUES PLEASE NOTE HEALTH AND SAFETY
* * * * * CONDITIONS * * * * *
1. Obtain a bidding number from the Registration Desk by filling in a Registration Form with your name and address.
2. Bidding for Lots is by clearly raising your bidding number or Catalogue so that the Auctioneer can see your bid. If you buy the Lot you will need to show the Auctioneer your bidding number. You do not need to give your name.
3. To pay for your purchases give your bidding number to the Cashier, who will verify your purchase with you.
CASH, B.A.C.S., DEBIT CARDS AND CHEQUES (by prior arrangement)
WE NO LONGER ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS OR BUSINESS DEBIT CARDS
DUE TO THE HIGH COST WE ARE CHARGED FOR PROCESSING
POSTAL BIDDERS. Postal bid forms are available from the Auctioneers. Successful bidders will be notified by Proforma invoice. NOTE: All delivery charges to the purchasers will be added to the Invoice prior to despatch. This will also include insurance cover.
ROOM BIDDERS. Payment strictly by cash, cheque up to the card value, or credit card (UK ONLY). other forms of payment must be agreed with the Auctioneers in advance of the Sale day.
VENDORS. Please note the condition listed on the entry form.
In order to assist U.K. Toy & Model Auctions Ltd. the following Condition Classifications have been devised and only represent an opinion. No warranty is implied or intended by the provision of this information.
MINT - Item in perfect condition
EXCELLENT - Careful use with only minor imperfections
GOOD - Obvious imperfections, with more use
FAIR - Major imperfections with heavy signs of wear
POOR - Many faults or in a destressed condition
PLUS (+) after a classification is better than the classification suggests
VARIOUS CONDITIONS (a combination of any two, or more, of the above)
PLAYWORN, SUITABLE FOR RENOVATION etc. are also terms which may be used where appropriate.
For guidance purposes only we have included an estimated price against each Lot. This is only our opinion of what each Lot may realise.
1. GENERAL. Every Lot is sold with all faults and errors of description and the auctioneers disclaim, for themselves and for the vendor, all responsibility for authenticity, age, origin, condition or quality. All statements on such matters whether printed in the Catalogue or made orally are statements of opinion and not representations of fact. Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves on authenticity, condition, etc., before bidding and no-one in the Auctioneers' employment has authority to make any representation of fact.
2. BIDDING. The Auctioneer has absolute discretion to divide any Lot, to combine any two or more Lots, to withdraw any lots, to refuse bids and to regulate the bidding. He may bid on the vendor's behalf for all goods which are being offered subject to reserve or at the Auctioneers' discretion.
3. FALL OF HAMMER. The highest bidder shall be the buyer. If any dispute arises the Auctioneer has absolute discretion to settle the dispute or to re-offer the Lot. At the fall of the hammer every Lot shall be at the risk of the buyer and the purchaser shall give to the Auctioneer his name and address and such proportion of the purchase price as the Auctioneer may require, in default of which the Auctioneer may re-offer and re-sell the Lot or Lots in question.
4. CLEARANCE OF PURCHASES. Purchases may be claimed or removed before the Sale has been concluded, by seeking the assistance of a member of staff. All lots shall be paid for and removed at the buyer's risk and expense at the end of the Sale, failing which the Auctioneers shall not be responsible if the same are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, and all Lots not so removed shall remain at the risk of the buyer and subject to a warehousing charge of 25p per Lot per day. If they are not removed within seven days of the Sale the Auctioneers may re-sell them by auction or privately without notice to the buyer. Any liability which there may be on the part of the Auctioneers in respect of any loss shall be restricted to a maximum of the price paid by the purchaser of the Lot.
5. AGENCY AND GENERAL. The Auctioneers act as agents only and they disclaim responsibility for default by either buyer or seller. They accept no responsibility in connection with the commissioning of members of their staff to bid for Lots on behalf of intending purchasers. Instructions given by telephone are accepted at the sender's rsik and must be confirmed in writing forthwith. The Auctioneers do not guarantee the title of any Lot or lots sold by them and will not be responsible for any defect in such title.
6. DEFAULTS. If any buyer fails to comply with any of the above conditions the damages recoverable from the defaulter shall include all loss arising from any re-sale of the Lot together with the charges and expenses in respect of both sales and any money deposited in part payment shall be held by the Auctioneers against the defaulter's liability.
7. THIRD PARTY LIABILITY. Every person on the Auctioneers premises or premises hired by the Auctioneers for such an Auction at any time shall be deemed to be there at his own risk and with notice of the condition of the premises and of the method of arranging furniture, etc. He shall have no claim against the Auctioneers in respect of any injury he may sustain or any accident which may occur.
8. Viewers handling goods on display will be held fully responsible for any damage or breakage.
Purchasers wishing to pay be cheque must produce a bank reference to the Auctioneers before the sale.
Cheques which are post-dated or written by a third party will not be accepted. There is a buyer's premium of 12% on the hammer price.
All mains electrical items entered in Auction are untested. It is recommended that all such items should be tested by an approved electrician before use. No responsibility can be accepted whatsoever by UK Toy and Model Auctions as to their condition.
COMMISSION RATES / BUYERS PREMIUM
For the past 20 years we have absorbed any increases in our costs and during that time the Commission Rates and Buyers Premium have remained unchanged.
The continued rise in our costs have now become unsustainable and a small increase to our charges will be implemented in order to provide the same level of customer service.
From 1st April, 2018 our Commission Rate will be 18% and Buyers Premium will be 14%. Both charges are fully inclusive with “no hidden extras”. These revised rates are still one of the lowest in the country.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for your support in the past and in anticipation for your support in the future.
PROCEDURE FOR BUYING AT U.K. TOY & MODEL AUCTIONS LTD.
BUYERS PREMIUM IS 14% ON HAMMER PRICE
OTHER TERMS OF BUSINESS
WE EXPECT TO SELL APPROXIMATELY 100 LOTS PER HOUR.
CONDITION AND CLASSIFICATION OF MODELS AND BOXES
BOXES are described in the same Condition Classification. For example after describing a Lot the Classification MINT/BOX GOOD will indicate the item is in perfect condition but the box has obvious imperfections.
HEALTH AND SAFETY